We like free apps when we can find them and here are just a few that we like.
- CoPilot GPS – Copilot GPS offers real-time traffic trip planning with multi-stops. It calculates your route according to the size of your RV. It also has a handy offline map feature in case you lose signal. It is free! It also offers additional features if you upgrade to a premium account.
- Gas Buddy – Gas Buddy helps you to find gas stations and provides prices so you can pay the lowest amount for gasoline and it’s free!
- RV Parky – RV Parky is an RV park directory where you can find photos, information and reviews and the largest collection of RV campgrounds in the US and Canada. It’s free too!
- AllTrails – AllTrails is a directory of over 50,000 trails. Trails can be and photographed and rated by users who are actually hiking. Trails are rated by difficulty too. We were actually hiking in Shenandoah National Park and ran into a lost group of hikers. It was so cool to use our AllTrails app to pinpoint our current trail location and provide them with directions to find their trail. Oh, and it’s free!
- Sani Dumps – Sani Dumps provides RVers with locations to dump your holding tanks. The app provides a map to the nearest dump station along with price, hours and contact info and it’s free!